Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Welcome to 2014 NFL Regular Season

Greetings all!  I hope everyone has enjoyed the off-season and is ready for another fun-filled football season, unless, of course, your favorite baseball team is still in the hunt (seems like mine is always out of contention by the end of May).
What did the first week of the season tell to you?  Only thing I learned is not to count on Jacksonville this year.  The Jags came out to a strong start, leading the Eagles 17-0, then choking and letting Philly come back and win that game.
The Dallas Cowboys are going to be lucky if they happen to match last-years 8-game win total.  I texted this to friends during the game Sunday that I'd be surprised if the Cowboys win 5-games, and I'd anticipate a coaching change no later than the end of October.  I've heard reports that Vegas has odds on that Garrett will be the first coach let go this year, and based on what I saw on Sunday, I would not be surprised.  That, along with Washington and the Giants choking mightily in their games, I'll go on a limb and predict the Eagles to win that division, possibly with a #2 or #3 seed in the playoffs...but that isn't until January.
Is the power changing in the AFC East?  Brady and the Patriots lost to a swarming Miami (-ami) team with a very stout defense.  Peyton Manning looked as good as he usually does, so that's not really a surprise.  But he's nearly 40, how long can this last?
-------------------------
As far as PIX is concerned, I want to welcome all of our newcomers, Joe, Severin, Sean, Joni, Mahayla (maybe, if she decides to pick), and Savanna.
Feel free to comment on anything you like, or don't like; agree or disagree.  I'd appreciate feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment